Charlotte Child Photographer
I am an international award winning Charlotte based photographer. I specialize in capturing stunning, timeless family portraits worthy of display on the walls in your home. I was previously based in Westfield, NJ where I photographed hundreds of families during my first six years in business, and I recently relocated to the South Charlotte area of North Carolina. After only one year in Charlotte, I was so grateful to be voted Best Photographer by South Charlotte Weekly's readers in The Best of the Weekly 2016 issue.
I don’t just aim to make you or your children smile during a portrait session, but also to make you smile nearly every day after simply by glancing at the beautiful prints of your family that will hang on your walls. I believe that seeing your family's portrait hanging on your wall or above your fireplace can make you smile any day of the year. I believe in making moms cry, because honestly when they see beautiful portraits of their whole family together - well, they often do cry. But, these are the best possible tears filled with happiness and overwhelming love.
I chose to specialize in family photography, because I also believe that children deserve to have beautiful photographs with their parents - hugging them, tickling them, giggling and laughing with them, so that years down the line they will always be able to see your beautiful face smiling with theirs, so I’m always encouraging Moms and Dads to jump into the photographs with their children.
My work has been featured in numerous publications including American Baby Magazine, Shutter magazine, Denim & Grace 2014 Posebook, New Jersey Family, and Ballantyne magazine. I have also been on featured on blogs for NAPCP, Lemonade & Lenses, Project Nursery, Seniorologie, Two Bright Lights, Love + Wander, and The Indie Tot.
Over the years, I have received numerous awards for my photography from professional image competitions including:
- NAPCP (National Association of Professional Child Photographers
- WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographer's International
- Silver Awards in the First and Second Half Members Image Competition in 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Merit in Portrait: Children, 2018
- First Place in Portrait: Family, 2017 and Merit in Portrait: Children, 2017
- Third Place in Portrait: Children, 2016
- Merit in Portrait: Children, 2015
- PPA (Professional Photographers of America) - International Photographic Competition
- Merit and Acceptance into General Collection, 2019
- Merit and Acceptance into General Collection, 2016
I photograph on location throughout Mecklenburg and Union Counties including Ballantyne, Olde Providence, South Park, Blakeney, Myers Park, Dilworth, Plaza Midwood, Eastover, Elizabeth, Barclay Downs, Quail Hollow, Piper Glen, Pineville, Matthews, Marvin, Weddington, Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel, & Fort Mill, SC.